Hello, we are Runecast.
Our Runecast Analyzer solution can catch errors and faults while they are still hiding in virtualized data centers before they make people sad or angry. We are also performing Data Science research on ML and NLP for context-based free text processing to make this process even smarter.
We’re a team of entrepreneur-minded professionals from 15 different countries - but united, most of us in our Brno offices! Our skills have convinced companies like Verizon, Fujisoft, Erste Bank, NCC, ONI and many other big players out there to choose our solution to protect their data centers.
We are looking for an outstanding QA Engineer to join our team
We are a small company with a flat hierarchy, so everyone has direct access to the CTO, CEO, and other company founders. We work in self-organized, agile teams where everyone can share ideas and influence how things get done. Our team consists of Java developers, QA specialists, virtualization experts, AI scientists, UI engineers, and UX designers.
As a QA Engineer, you will be a part of a growing startup developing smart IT solutions. You will join our team in Brno and cooperate with your colleagues on enhancing our product. You will make sure that we embed the quality in new features from early stages of design, through the implementation up to final acceptance. We will count on your testing skills and your eye for detail.
You will have the opportunity to
- Discover defects, missed requirements and potential usability problems in new features of complex web applications.
- Define and execute test scenarios.
- Directly collaborate with the whole scrum team: inform the team about discovered issues and drive their resolution.
- Triage with QA team automated test results during the application release.
Your skills and experience
- At minimum a year of working experience in software testing.
- The practice of testing web UI and API endpoints (experience with tools like Chrome DevTools and Postman).
- Eagerness and willingness to learn and take responsibility.
- Thinking out of the box and helping to solve errors.
- Experience working in a Scrum environment.
- Upper-intermediate command of English.
- Nice to have: experience with CI tools (Jenkins), basic usage of Unix command line, Java programming, JUnit, Selenium, RestAssured and GIT.
What we offer
Enough of requirements! At Runecast, you can enjoy:
- A nice office in the Brno city center at Milady Horákové with international restaurants within a few minutes walk. Do you fancy Indian or Thai cuisine one day and traditional Czech the next? No problem!
- Being part of a growing company that still has the energy of a startup. This means, for example, that our founders sit in the offices among us and work with us every day. You can approach anyone at any time with an idea or lunch suggestion.
- Flexible working hours. We don’t care about clocking in and out at specific times. Some of us prefer to work early in the morning, others arrive later during the day. Work-life balance is important to us.
- The possibility to work from home. Work from the office or home, you decide. If you are not ready/willing to relocate to Brno, you can join our team remotely as well.
- Coffee, cookies, and healthy snacks. We eat around 80kg of apples every year. Fancy a bite?
We encourage you to apply
Runecast is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic.