At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Do you want to work in a team that combines the best of corporate and startup world? Become a member of a newly-formed team in Brno and help us change the way customers who run cloud-native applications on Red Hat OpenShift are supported. The Red Hat Connected Customer Experience (CCX) team is looking for quality engineers to join us in Brno, Czech Republic. As part of a fast-paced agile team, you will be responsible for evaluating product functionality, extending our existing test automation framework and developing new open source tooling to verify the quality of Red Hat solutions. This is a very high profile project and a unique opportunity to shape the future direction of the entire Red Hat.
Primary job responsibilities
- Participate in the test planning and product planning processes
- Develop test cases and maintain a thorough understanding of product functionality
- Develop tooling, frameworks, and tests using Python
- Get involved in deployment, continuous integration (CI), and other processes alongside developers
- Deliver clear status for testing areas in a timely manner
- Write clear and accurate bug reports
- Configure and troubleshoot various Red Hat OpenShift environments
- Work closely with developers as part of an agile team
- Passion and desire for testing and examining how things work
- Power user experience with Linux
- Active scripting and programming skills using Python
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work on a fast-paced project
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with Git or other source control technologies
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) or continuous delivery (CD)
- Experience with containers
- Experience using or participating in open source projects
- Experience performing web interface automation using Selenium
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.