At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for an Associate Software Engineer to join us in Brno, Czech Republic. At Red Hat, we've developed a set of functional and performance tests in LNST testing framework that are part of the CI workflow for kernel network development of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) distributions. In this role, you’ll contribute to the LNST project and automation of the continuous integration (CI) workflow. You should have a good knowledge of Python programming language and experience with network configuration in Linux distributions.
Primary job responsibilities
- Participate in the broader upstream open source community
- Contribute to the LNST project and automation of the CI workflow
- Experience working with Linux networking
- Experience in Python or XML
- Understanding of the concepts of VLAN, bridge, bond, and a subnet
- Experience developing on Linux, e.g., C, Git, Shell, common user
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and willingness to make voice and video calls with other team members
- Interest in advancing Linux networking globally to make it adequate for cloud and virtualization needs
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.