At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Focus on all aspects of quality of Red Hat's solutions. The Red Hat Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Quality Engineer to join us in Brno, Czech Republic. In this role, you will help with the Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage offering. You'll develop and run tests, making sure you deliver engaged support to our customers while also resolving failures and enhancing system stability. As a Quality Engineer, you'll need to have experience with large and complex systems and the ability to think creatively, learn new things, and adapt to a constantly changing environment.
Primary job responsibilities
- Gain deep system knowledge and understanding
- Participate in the test planning and product planning processes
- Create test cases and carry them out both manually and automatically
- Develop tests using automation infrastructure and available scripting languages
- Deliver clear status for testing areas in a timely manner
- Write clear and accurate bug reports
- Proven scripting experience using Python
- Experience working with the Linux operating system
- Passion for technology
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with storage and cloud technologies and Kubernetes
- Experience with tools like Jenkins and Git
- Experience with file system, block, and object storage
- Experience with open source
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.