At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Czech team is looking for a Quality Engineer to join us in Brno, Czech Republic. In this role, you will support the quality of the Red Hat Satellite offering, which is a system management solution that enables you to deploy, configure, and maintain your systems across physical, virtual, and cloud environments. You will directly contribute to the quality of our offering and improve our internal tools. As a Quality Engineer, you will use modern technologies like virtual environments nad cloud solutions, code in Python, and help manage our infrastructure or test the offering itself. This is a great opportunity to gain real enterprise work experience through collaboration with development and other quality engineering (QE) teams across our organization.
Primary job responsibilities
- Design and develop new automated tests for the Red Hat Satellite offering
- Test already existing features
- Improve current features of the offering
- Participate in developing features for newer versions of the product
- Participate in automation development
- Develop internal tools
- Basic Linux system administration skills; ability to configure network and storage
- Broad knowledge of Python, including operations using Lists, Dictionaries, and Classes
- Ability to communicate in written English
- Basic knowledge of Git, pytest, Jenkins, or Selenium is a plus
- Basic Bash and database knowledge is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.