At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Quality Engineer to join us in Brno, Czech Republic. In this role, you will make a difference in offerings used by millions of people around the world and help build Red Hat OpenShift, a system changing how development is done, which is built on container technologies and the Kubernetes cluster management system. You'll gain a deep understanding of a variety of popular technologies, including container technology, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, and middleware. As a Quality Engineer, you will make sure that our solutions fulfill the highest possible enterprise quality, performance, usability, and supportability criteria. You'll serve as the last instance before applications are released to the public. You'll create and carry out test plans, research new features, and develop automated tests. You'll need to have the ability to think creatively and adapt to rapid change, as well as the willingness to learn new things.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work with all Red Hat OpenShift offerings and be responsible for the delivery of installations and upgrades
- Create and review test plans and suggest improvements for product planning processes
- Conduct new feature research and design test cases
- Develop new automated and manual tests; develop frameworks to streamline test development and automation to speed up implementation
- Document and advocate the resolution of new bugs with developers and communicate the impact on customers to developers and support
- Take responsibility for installations and upgrades and supervise their successful testing in a timely manner
- Communicate with other globally distributed Red Hat OpenShift quality engineers and developers
- Contribute bug fixes to upstream and provide demos of the solutions and technologies
- Experience with Linux, ability to debug in Linux, and solid knowledge of basic commands in Linux
- Experience with scripting or programming in any language; Ruby and Golang are a plus
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
- Experience with or the ability to learn container technologies like Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine (GCE), VMware, or Microsoft Azure
- Ability to design and code complex test cases and code or contribute code to frameworks which simplify test development and automation solutions
- Ability to assist in and perform root cause analysis of issues, possibly spanning multiple components and subsystems, and develop reproducers
- Ability to take responsibility for writing complex test plans for a feature and provide usable time estimations on completion; ability to identify potential risks connected to test development of an assigned feature and mitigate them
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.