At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Come make a difference in the technology that is at the core of some of the most innovative and influential businesses in the world. The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for an Associate Quality Engineer to join us in Brno, Czech Republic. In this role, you will help us create great technology that delivers long-term freedom, flexibility, choice, and excellent performance on day one. You will work on the container native virtualization offering, improving your development capabilities and Linux or Unix skills, and gaining experience with large and complex systems. You’ll serve as an individual contributor of the team, working closely with the development team in agile methodology. Collaboration is key at Red Hat, and you’ll have the opportunity to inspire future technology along with many other developers in the open source community. Our pool of engineers is always growing, so you’ll have opportunities to lead, learn, and grow as a professional and as a person.
Primary job responsibilities
- Analyze and prioritize the quality risks posed by the offering in development and determine the tests required to mitigate these risks
- Write automated tests and carry out manual tests
- Develop tests using automation infrastructure and available scripting languages
- Clearly document new bugs and advocate their resolution with developers and communicate their impact on customers and their businesses
- Participate in feature design sessions side by side with the developer and product manager to scope and prioritize new features
- Deliver clear status for testing areas in a timely manner
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of current technologies
- Experience with Linux or Unix systems
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills in English
- Willingness to learn new things
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience working as a quality engineer, developer, or a system administrator
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information technologies or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with containers, virtualization, storage, or networking
- Experience with continuous integration (CI)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.