At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Quality Engineer to join us in Brno, Czech Republic. In this role, you will search for, analyze, report, and track defects and verify bug fixes with various storage technologies in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). Our team culture will encourage you to come up with innovative solutions to problems, as well as offering you the opportunity to work with the best and brightest engineers in the open source industry. As a Quality Engineer, you’ll need to be flexible and have initiative and the ability to come up to speed quickly on new technologies and adapt to a growing and evolving team.
Primary job responsibilities
- Provide full life cycle testing, including researching new features and developing test plans, test cases, and automated scripts
- Perform manual testing or automated tests, analyze test failures, report bugs, track and verify bugs, and summarize test reports
- Automate and improve test code used for regression and test framework used for facilitating the test process
- Develop and maintain a Jenkins continuous integration (CI) environment to support automated testing
- Work with developers, partners, customers, and key stakeholders to discuss features, debug problems, and resolve issues
- Propose solutions for process and workflow improvements
- Ability to script in Python or Bash
- Good skills and background in Linux like using Linux commands, troubleshooting, etc.
- Passion and desire for testing and examining how things work internally
- University degree in computer science or a related engineering field is a plus
- Intermediate written and verbal language skills in English
- Good communication skills; ability to work collaboratively with a distributed global team
- Experience with and knowledge of storage technologies like iSCSI, RAID, multipath, or logical volume management (LVM) are a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.