At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Junior Quality Engineer to join us in Brno, Czech Republic. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the way the enterprise applications are built and will be responsible for offerings that are used by thousands of people around the world. This is a great opportunity to gain a deep understanding of a variety of popular technologies, including middleware, cloud, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), process automation management (PAM), Red Hat Decision Manager (DM), workflow systems, business rules, and complex event processing.
As a Junior Quality Engineer, you’ll own the role, having a lot of autonomy and resources to do great things. You’ll join a team of people who are energetic, smart, and motivated. Since Red Hatters always strive to use the best tools for the job and try new things, you’ll get an opportunity to learn the most modern technologies, becoming an early adopter. At Red Hat, your success will be recognized and appreciated, and as our performance improves, you’ll get to see how your work helped accelerate the company’s growth.
We believe you’ll love working at Red Hat if you enjoy working with code and talking about programming languages, new technologies, etc. You’ll also be a great fit for this position if you like fast-paced development and testing and if you see yourself working in a more practical, code-related QE environment. We have a startup mentality and take pride in getting things done efficiently. As a Quality Engineer, you should have creative thinking skills, willingness to learn new things, and the ability to adapt to changes.
Primary job responsibilities
- Participate in feature design and development by working with developers in the community and providing early feedback
- Be an active stakeholder in scrum teams, working with developers on a daily basis; collaborate with documentation, UX, product management, and other stakeholders at minimum on a weekly basis
- Design, develop, maintain, and automate tests and tools with a focus on functional and performance aspects of Red Hat Process Automation Manager and Red Hat Decision Manager
- Continuously improve QE processes, automation, and test coverage
- Analyze and prioritize quality risks and determine the tests required to mitigate these risks
- Provide root cause analysis for complex bugs reported by our customers; communicate the impact of these bugs to developers and support specialists
- Document new bugs and advocate their resolution and fixes with developers
- Experience with Java SE
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming principles
- Knowledge of build systems like Apache Maven or Gradle and version control systems like Git (preferred) or SVN
- English communication skills and the ability to read and write technical documentation
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with continuous integration (CI)
- Knowledge of JVM and garbage collection mechanisms
- Familiarity with performance testing
- Familiarity with automated UI testing
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.