Java is the #1 programming language used by over 12 million developers. 80% of enterprises run Java SE on desktops, servers, and in cloud deployments.
Being highly distributed team worldwide, we are expanding our presence in Prague, building a team working on new projects such as adding machine learning capability into Java platform. We hire developers to write code to test code. Our goal is to have engineers writing robust, reliable, repeatable and maintainable tests that find issues early and cover the area of the component under testing. Our quality engineers contribute to a flexible and fast paced team, building a variety of tests leveraging the framework used for testing. Growth in this role means growing as an engineer: strong designs that are built to last, deep component knowledge and broad scenario experience will be measures of success as a candidate grows in this role. The primary focus for this position will be on client technologies: Jemmy and/or Selenium GUI testing and automation, shell scripting.
We are looking for
- Experience with Java client and GUI test automation
- Strong experience with shell scripting and Java Programming
- Working experience on Mac/Windows/Linux/Unix
- Extensive test and troubleshooting experience
- Good level of spoken/written English
- Very friendly company culture - no dress code, informal culture
- Opportunity to influence Java development - the most popular and used programming language in the world
- Modern office - You will not regret a visit to our office. We have a fitness room, chill out zones with table football, ping/pong, play station, etc., a big terrace with a great view towards downtown, free fruit delivered twice a week, etc.
- Great team, benefits, and a competitive salary - Oracle provides the benefits you would expect to get from an international company (extra holidays, paid sick leave, meal vouchers, flexi passes, English lessons within working hours, life insurance, pension contribution and many others), but that goes without saying.
- We are searching for candidates who want to work on a great team.
- Competitive salary and nice benefits are a matter of course.