At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Red Hat's DevOps Automation and Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Software Engineer to help us build software in Brno, Czech Republic. In this role, you will learn how Red Hat ships its offerings and how the software delivery pipeline is built and structured. You'll work as part of a team the main responsibility of which is the software delivery pipeline automation and tooling quality. Your work will directly contribute to the pipeline's robustness, efficiency, and scalability. As a Software Engineer, you will work with high-end technologies, modern software delivery approaches, and a talented international team. On top of that, you'll be given unlimited opportunities to make an impact in a global company built on open source values and principles.
Primary job responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and review automated test scenarios and scripts to measure and validate against requirements
- Design user scenarios, test cases, and write automated tests
- Identify workflows that could benefit from automation
- Partner with the development and senior quality engineers to do functional and performance testing and fix defects
- Identify complex use cases and data needs for user account and test data creation and maintenance
- Effectively communicate testing status to stakeholders and project team members to ensure proper visibility into test efforts
- Establish and maintain the continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) testing environments, potentially in the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform environment
- Perform feature research to understand user requirements or business needs
- Communicate with various stakeholders, scope their requests, and design solutions
- Perform code and peer review
- Work on process improvements
- Scripting or programming skills in Python
- Practical knowledge of Linux, including using the terminal and basics of Bash
- Ability to coordinate and help others solve difficult problems
- Ability to plan and work unsupervised on complex tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English; ability to communicate effectively in a global team
- Willingness to learn on your own, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly
Experience with the following is a plus:
- C, C++, Ruby, or Java
- Code profiling
- Ability to learn container technologies
- IT automation tools like Red Hat Ansible Automation
- Software release process and architecture of delivery pipelines
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.