AT&T has been changing the way people live, work, and play for more than 140 years. It started with Alexander Graham Bell’s telephone. Since then, our legacy of innovation has included the invention of the transistor – the building block of today’s digital world – as well as the solar cell, the communications satellite and machine learning. Today, we are leading the industry in cutting edge networking technologies such as Software Defined Networking, Disaggregated Network Operating Systems and High-Speed Optical Network Connections. We were just recently awarded “America’s Best 5G Network” by Global Wireless Solutions and have been ranked #1 in Fiber Broadband Customer Satisfaction by J.D. Power. AT&T Labs, a global leader in telecommunications research and development, has been at the heart of these incredible achievements – drawing on an unparalleled 140-year heritage of creation and innovation.
The AT&T Labs Network Systems Business Unit is responsible for development and maintenance of AT&Ts Network Operational Support Systems (OSS) – the software applications that manage AT&Ts network. Because of our unique position as the “glue” between the network and IT, our Software Engineers and Architects are experts in both networking AND software development technology, generating over 50 U.S. patents per year on topics like Intent-based Networking, Self-assembly of Virtual Network Functions, and Artificial Intelligence applied to network management.
This position is required for AT&T’s Network transformation strategic direction since today and going forward NEO has greater need for innovation with Network Strategy & Support, 5G, Fiber to provide high-value technology and solutions. The role will influence the delivery of system automation capabilities across AT&T enterprise architects, engineers, and managers across business units within the whole company. It will drive delivery of system automation enablers for key CTO and business initiatives 5G, RAN, 5G Core/NC, FN, SDN, Fiber, ROADM, Win Home. This includes driving towards a single source of truth network inventory platform enabled by leading industry CMDB platforms. This role will be integral in the Network Transformation initiatives driving new strategies, implementation of tooling and leading change.
- Works closely with the Solution Architects and System Engineers to ensure that overall program and product strategies align with business and technical objectives
- The key focus is to enable the automation of organization in all facets including but not limited to the following areas: development, quality assurance, and solution engineering.
- Responsible for the creation of new technology infrastructures and maintains configuration management and automation tools.
- Facilitates important test design decisions for SAFe Trains, business unit projects & program needs.
- This role will be data driven and require metrics to be produced to show an increased efficiency in the organization.
- This position is within Network Systems and technologies that enable the transformation of AT&T leading edge networks and services, such as 5G and fiber broadband.
- Must be coupled with strong industry standard tooling knowledge and the strategic direction of automation.
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the system solution and explore alternatives
- Develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation applications
- Participate in project planning, system and solution demos, retrospective workshops
- Understand technical characteristics of and assist with integration of external components, systems, and platforms
- Experience with Agile, DevOps methodology
- Interest in emerging technologies, trends, and directions
- Knowledge of network principles, operating systems, and environments
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- System and Technology Integration
- Position suitable also for University Graduates
Preferred Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math, or equivalent experience.
- An annual financial bonus
- Salary increase every year
- 25 days of vacation
- 135 CZK meal voucher
- Initial comprehensive training
- Premium medical plan at Canadian Medicals center
- Contribution in pension plan, life risk insurance
- Language courses and other external and internal trainings
- ActivePass card and FlexiPass vouchers (Sodexo Cafeteria)